Brigitte believes that keeping promises matter and continues to provide results!
A principled leader and public servant she has set a new standard of excellence!
Her UNDENIABLE commitment to excellence has changed the way the Adams County Treasurer does business and has resulted in the following NEW services:
8 WAYS TO PAY
- NEW! FREE Electronic Check Online at www.adcotax.com
- NEW! FREE Electronic Check By Phone at 720-523-6160 Option #2
- NEW! Credit Card by phone at 720-523-6160 Option #2 (fee applies)
- NEW! Drop Box at 4430 S. Adams County Parkway, Brighton CO 80601
- NEW! Money Gram – visit www.moneygram for participating merchants
- Credit Card Online at www.adcotax.com (fee applies)
- Walk In M-F, 7am-5pm, 4430 S. Adams County Parkway, Brighton CO 80601
- US Mail Adams County Treasurer, PO Box 869, Brighton CO 80601
- “NEW” Doing “MORE with LESS” SAVING $1 MILLION Dollars. She reduced actual expenditures by over $250,000 annually resulting in a savings of $1,000,000 every four years.
- “NEW Website and Software. Aligning with your needs, her top priority, meant improving online access, accuracy, and transparency. New software and a redesigned website offer you unprecedented self-serve options and access to many new services with real time results.
- “NEW” Scanning Software and Hardware. Replacing old scanning software and hardware meant processing twice the work in half the time. Brigitte insisted the turnaround times had to improve.
- “NEW” Electronic Statements. She listened to your request for electronic statements. That service is now available and will save tens of thousands of dollars in paper and postage.
- “NEW” QR Code was created to serve those who prefer to make tax payments via an electronic device.
- “NEW” Social Media Updates were added to provide you with vital information related to mailing dates, legislative changes (for example: Funding of the Senior Exemption), due dates, payment options, and more at www.facebook.com/adamscountygov
- “NEW” Hours. Opening 7:00am-5:00pm, previously 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday, resulting in 7.5 additional hours to serve you every week. These extended service hours came to you at no additional cost.
SERVICE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES
- Brigitte added multiple levels of cross training, resulting in unprecedented service every time you contact the Treasurer’s office.
FREE INCOME TAX PREPEARTION PROGRAM
- “NEW” and Improved Free Income Tax Program. Brigitte insisted on filing tax returns electronically by using the online IRS program, resulting in faster and more accurate tax returns, and quicker refunds (when applicable).
INTERNAL AUDIT RESULTS – 2014
Audit Prepared by: Colorado Independent Consultants Network, LLC Denver, Colorado July 30, 2014
NOTE: The Adams County Treasurer was the only elected office to participate in this voluntary audit. Here are the results:
Colorado Independent Consultants Network, LLC (CICN) was engaged to evaluate the Adams County Treasurer’s Office. This evaluation included processes and controls over tax payments received and subsequent distribution of those receipts to appropriate taxing authorities, along with other key functions within the department. The scope of this audit covers the period from December 1, 2013 through February 28, 2014. The department completed a major system implementation in August 2013. As such, we began our scope period in December to allow for adoption of the new system. Evaluation of business processes was performed on the current processes as of the time of our audit.
During our review, we found that the Treasurer is very attentive to business process improvement, a likely result of her background and training – including an MBA in Accounting and Finance. This is evidence of good tone at the top, an important part of the overall control environment in any well-run organization.
As mentioned in the executive summary section of this report, we noted the Treasurer is very attentive to business process improvement. This is evidenced in part by comparing initial discussions of the control environment performed during the 2012 risk assessment to the results of our 2014 audit. The Treasurer has represented the following control enhancements since taking office in January 2011:
Brigitte Grimm Implemented:
- Dual controls and separation of duties for all cash activities
- State of the Art Software
- Interactive, real-time website
- Analysis reporting
- Cross training for all departments
- Standardization of all reporting within department
- Community voicemail and email accounts
- Armored car service
- E-Statements for improved tax statement delivery and accuracy
- Mandatory training for all employees
- Successful emergency operations process
- Performed Security Assessment
- Evaluation / Analysis of every process involving cash
- Eliminated offsite collection practices
- Eliminated majority of paper process / replaced it with electronic solutions
- Created shared network drives for all Treasurer functions
- Incorporated online solutions to improve bankruptcy process
- Incorporated online solutions for all banking processes
- Created online reporting to increase transparency
- Incorporated “Speed of Trust” program for employees
- Created “Safe Keeping” accounts for all investment securities
- Participated in County Report Card project
- Incorporated process to review all payable checks
- Incorporated process that requires “Treasurer” involvement for movement of all funds out of county accounts
Audit Prepared by:
Colorado Independent Consultants Network, LLC Denver, Colorado July 30, 2014
Please be sure to follow me on FaceBook at “Brigitte Grimm for Adams County” to ensure you receive all of my updates.