An immigrant, Brigitte was born in Germany and came to the United States of America with her mother, Theresia, as a young girl. She became a U.S. citizen at the age of 18.
Her family is committed to public service. Her father is retired from the Air Force after 22 years; her sister retired from the Army as a Major in 2014, and her brother has worked for the U.S. Forest Service as a firefighter and in Fire Flight Management for the last 25+ years.
Brigitte’s son, Zachary, is pursuing a Pharmaceutical Degree and currently works in the Pharmaceutical industry.
Her mother and her father instilled hard work and gratitude in their children, two qualities that played an undeniable role in Brigitte’s life.
Brigitte’s passion and commitment to her community is reflected in her teaching and volunteer time on the following boards:
- Colorado County Treasurer’s Association, Metro Division – Treasurer
- ColoTrust – Colorado’s Largest Local Government Investment Pool
- Board Member / Trustee – IT and Publications Committee
- Adams County Retirement Board – Treasurer / Board Member
- Adams County Housing Authority – Finance Committee
- Adams County Food Bank – Board Member
- Adams County Aging Network (ACAN) – Board Member
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Finance Committee – Board Member
- Adams County FREE Income Tax Preparation Program – Sponsor
- Rotary – Westminster 710 Club – Rotarian
- Front Range Community College – Instructor in Accounting
An Adams County resident for over 23 years, Brigitte is an animal lover and currently provides a “forever” home to three dogs.
Please be sure to follow me on FaceBook at “Brigitte Grimm for Adams County” to ensure you receive all of our updates.