I come from a family of public servants. My father served in the United States Air Force and retired after 22 years, my brother has been a firefighter for the past 25 years, and my sister recently retired from the United States Army. My mother always worked in our community to help others and public service was ingrained in our family values.
Born in Germany, I came to the United States with my mother and proudly became a United States Citizen at the age of 18. Being an immigrant, working to become a United States Citizen, and being raised in a family of hard-working parents with gratitude have shaped me into the person I am today.
I have an MBA in Finance and Accounting and a Bachelor’s degree in Business and Information Systems. In July 2018, I complete my CGIP Certification – Certified Government Investment Professional.
These relevant degrees and certifications are critical to the success we experienced in Treasurer’s office in the past 8 years. In addition to pursuing a PHD in Leadership, I am always seeking opportunities to learn more to better serve you.
I have spent many years tutoring and teaching accounting classes at Front Range Community College (FRCC). This amazing experience means so much because I started my education at FRCC and I love being able to bring my successes back “full circle” to the classroom. Being an educator that also serves our community is the greatest reward.
Prior to serving as your Treasurer, I had a successful 20-year private career in Finance and Accounting roles for technology companies that included managing budgets for domestic and international companies, implementing innovative technological solutions, identifying effective and efficient solutions to process, policies, and procedures.
This critical experience was core to my success in creating a Treasurer’s office that focused on serving your needs, your way.
Puppies and a Forever Home
I have called Adams County home for nearly 25 years and when I am not serving you as Treasurer, Board Member, Teacher, Volunteer or Mentor, I can be found spending time with my family and my three amazing dogs – all rescued from local shelters.
Commitment to Community
Every month I volunteer on multiple community boards that assist our seniors, address the needs of our food banks, identify solutions for affordable housing, support our local schools and much more.
These boards – all of which benefit our community in many ways – are below.
- Adams County Retirement Board – Treasurer / Board Member
- Adams County Housing Authority Finance Committee – Board Member
- Adams County Food Bank – Board Member
- Adams County Aging Network (ACAN) – Board Member
- Adams County FREE Income Tax Preparation Program – Sponsor
- Adams City High School of Business – Steering Committee Member
- Adams County Brighton Toast Masters Club – Treasurer
- Colorado County Treasurer’s Association, Metro Division – Treasurer
- ColoTrust – Colorado’s Largest Local Government Investment Pool $6B+ Portfolio – Board Member / Trustee, IT/Publication Committee
- Front Range Community College – Instructor in Accounting
- Front Range Community College Business Advisory Committee – Member
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Finance Committee – Board Member
- Rotary – Westminster 710 Club – Rotarian
- 17TH Judicial – District Attorney’s Citizen’s Academy – Graduate
- Metro North Chamber of Commerce Leadership Program – Graduate